All content, including images, on this website is the copyright © Chris Johnstone. Content may not be used without consent and doing so will breach copyright laws.
If you wish to use my images for any purpose please contact me with details.
1. A deposit at the time of booking will be required to confirm a reservation. The cost will be vary depending on the type of tuition courses or hide rental (prices can be found on the corresponding course or hide web page) or £200 (longer workshops) per person. All deposits are non-refundable. If paying by cheque, we will hold a booking provisionally for 10 days after the booking was made while waiting for receipt of payment. If the deposit does not reach us by this time, we reserve the right to cancel the booking.
2. The balance is due 6 weeks before the start date of the course or workshop. If the balance is not received by this time, we reserve the right to cancel the booking. By booking within 6 weeks of the start date, full payment is required at the time of booking.
3. A minimum of three participants (not including non-photographic partners) are required for a course or workshop to operate. This does not apply to hide rental or one-to-one tuition. Should the course or workshop be cancelled by Peak Nature for any reason, other than non-payment (point 1 and 2), we will refund any payments in full, including your deposit. We accept liability up to but not exceeding the amount of any money you have pay to us. In the event of a course or workshop cancellation, we will make every effort to advise you at least 4 weeks prior to the start date.
4. If you cancel your course or workshop more than 6 weeks before the start date, you are entitled to a full refund, minus your deposit.
5. If you cancel between 41 and 29 days before the start date you are entitled to a 50% refund, minus your deposit.
6. If you cancel 28 days or less before the start date no refund can be given, however we will try to re-let your space. In the event your space is re-let, you are entitled to a full refund, minus your deposit.
7. Cancellation of a course or workshop must be done in writing by letter. The date the letter is received shall be used to calculate whether a refund, if any, is applicable. Please note, cancellation by email is not acceptable.
8. Peak Nature reserves the right to alter the course or workshop itinerary and/or content due to circumstances beyond its control. Any changes to the course or workshop will be of a similar quality to those originally described and any significant changes will be advised to you.
9. Workshops, courses or hide rental run by Peak Nature may visit remote areas. By booking a place on a course or workshop or hide, you accept the hazards associated with these areas. Customers must be fully insured for the duration of a workshop. Responsibility for arranging insurance, including medical expenses, injury, death, repatriation, cancellation and curtailment lies solely with the customer. Evidence that this insurance is in place must be provided to Peak Nature before the start date. Insurance against damage or loss of personal possessions should also be arranged by the customer.
10. The responsibility of valuables, camera equipment, and other personal items belonging to the customer will at all times remain with the customer while on a course or workshop or in a hide. Peak Nature will not be held responsible for damage or loss of these items.
11. Peak Nature does not accept liability for death, bodily injury or illness unless this arises from the negligent act and/or omission of Peak Nature employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
12. Peak Nature cannot be held responsible for; the consequences of any delays, expenses incurred or alterations caused by illness, weather, war, terrorism, political events, civil strife, natural disaster, technical difficulties or any event beyond our control.
13. If travelling from abroad, international flights must be arranged by the customer. Peak Nature cannot accept responsibility for changes or alterations to these arrangements.
14. Some workshops visit remote, mountainous and potentially hazardous areas where access to medical facilities and amenities is limited. Your safety is the top priority, however, it is a fundamental booking condition that customers understand the risks and potential dangers associated with visiting these regions.
15. Peak Nature will not accept responsibility for accidents, injury, illness, carelessness, negligence, lack of fitness and lack of punctuality attributable to the customer. Medical conditions and disabilities should be advised to Peak Nature at the time of booking. Advise will be given about any significant conditions or disabilities that may impact the participation of the course or workshop.
16. Customers on courses, workshops or hide rental must be 18 years old or older.
17. If you should have a complaint about the tour, it must be made in writing and received by Peak Nature within fourteen days of the end of the activity taken part in.
18. All information submitted is held electronically. No information will ever be passed to third parties. Should you wish not to have any information about you stored, please contact us.
19. By ticking the terms field in an online booking form (or signing the booking form), you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions for yourself as well as on behalf of any other people named on the booking.